Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: Alex.Hughes@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:40:29 +0100

I was under the impression that 5kg of carry on luggage is pretty much standard
now, certainly was on all the flights I've been on in the last couple of years
(about a dozen or so with various airlines) - this is why I haven't taken my
stuff away yet!

Alex

<snip re. carry-on baggage weight limit>

That's a new one to me too. AFAIK, it's the size they're after. About four
years back, while moving, we carried on a lot of stuff, including some
hard-core-heavy medical texts. Broke the bag's strap and killed my
shoulder, but there was never any question of weight. BTW, this was
Lufthanasa (love that airline; the A340s had just come in service. Wow.)
Maybe there's a weight limit for domestic flights in addition to the size?
Hmm, Hawaii is what, 6 hours? That should count as international ;-) Let
us know how it goes, and bring back some purty pitchers to show for all
that trouble. Good trip,

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
goosnargh