Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques. was: Great Galloping Zweekos
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:41:06 -0700
Giles;

Yeah, you got me going on that one!

I just called my carrier, Hawaiian airlines.  There's a 70 lb limit for
**checked** baggage, but believe it or not, there's no spec for weight of
carry-ons.  Only for size which is 9x14x22 inches max.  I think the Super
Trekker is a bit bigger than this, but I've carried it on before.

George

I should have said this was an International flight - Singapore AL - flying
out of
Perth.  I believe the limit must have been a general thing for the airport
and all
airlines as it was Federal Police and not airline employees who objected.

I believe the limit is imposed because of the risk of stuff falling out of
the
overhead lockers onto people and/or to reduce the amount of mass moving
around in
the cabin if a plane hits CAT.

I just happen to have some tickets on me at the Mo and they make no mention
of a
weight limit on carry-on bags so perhaps it is just a Perth or Australian
thing.

However, George, it does say you are only allowed one small camera in the
cabin so
if you were thinking of attaching the 350 to a body with motordrive 2 - good
luck.

"You should see my other camera, this one IS small"

Sorry if I scared you but it is what happened to me - only once mind you - I
am
usually over 5kg with my carry on baggage and have got away with it in the
past.

The weight limit was printed inside the back cover of the ticket as I
recall.

Giles

Giles wrote:

> snagged by security because my carry-on was over the 5kg limit -
surprise - so I had