RE: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?

Subject: RE: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 11:06:18 -0500
I have two OM-4 and one OM-4t.

One OM-4 when 'off' averages a 20 uA drain, the second OM-4 is 15 uA, and my
OM-4t averages 12 uA (these figures may be off a couple uA on the high
side).

The first one drains more than you would like, but is well less than the
worst examples out there.

The silver cells have about a 125 milliamp-hour capacity. Therefore, the 20
uA drain would use about half of the battery in a bit over 4 months of
sitting idle, while the 4t would use the same amount in a little over 7
months.

I don't know how much remaining capacity the battery needs to perform high
current chores like actually making an exposure - I suspect the battery can
be down well below half its capacity and the camera will still perform
normally - but these figures should be helpful.

BTW, I measure about a 300 uA draw when actually metering - which isn't much
really when you consider how little time the meter is actually on. You would
have to have the meter on continuously for over a week to draw the battery
down to half capacity.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx