Re: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:08:32 -0700
>I wonder what the battery drain is on those M* models that wait for an eye
>to appear at the viewfinder.

>Regards,
>Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
> keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx

The auto start feature seems to be loaded on most newer costlier cameras.
Apparently this Includes the Om's if you consider depressing the shutter
half way down to activate the meter auto start.

My question is this, Is it really that much of a problem to remember to
turn on a camera before using it?
To me the battery drain is more of a problem than the occasional
missed grab shot.

My OM 1 batteries last for years and I don't miss anything because
I need to switch the meter on.  Nor is it a problem with a consumer
grade AF I use regularly.

(Two More Cents)
Charlie L.