Re: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] How I shut down OM4Ti and OM3 ?
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
>>>My OM 1 batteries last for years and I don't miss anything because
I need to switch the meter on.  Nor is it a problem with a consumer
grade AF I use regularly.

(Two More Cents)
Charlie L.<<<

Two more cents (rendered worthless no thanks to inflation):
1. you only need to meter a scene once; most subsequent shots will be very
close in exposure anyways, and
2. you don't need metering when using flash as main light source.

I must add, though, that when I'm shooting, I only turn the meter on for a
few seconds or less while I meter; rest of the time it's off. That is, I
don't leave it on while at some shooting occasion. Not that it uses a lot
of battery power, but because it's a habit I cultivated to ensure I turn
off the meter when done (those not used to my camera have so far
consistenly left it on once they were done!).
I also like the press to activate feature on the other OMs for
convenience's sake.

/Acer Victoria
--
don't let Big Business be greedy; sign the petition @