RE: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD

Subject: RE: [OM] Summicron vs. Macro Zuiko vs. Canon FD
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 00:58:48 +0200
Hi Richard.
Some months ago I ask for the same question here.
Remember that we are talking about three kinds of  Zuiko 50 mm f 1.8:

1º F.Zuiko (Chome & Black).Both single coated.
2º "MC" engraved. (Only Black) The first multi coated.
3º "made in Japan" engraved. (Black too) Also multi coated and the last
one.

The 1º = 6 el./ 5 gr.
The 3º = 6 el./ 4 gr.

My question of some months ago,( and still without answer ) is ?

Is the lens engraved "MC" a new F.Zuiko ( 6 / 5 ) multicoated, or an old
"made in Japan" ( 6 / 4 ) well made and more expensive of produce ?

I´m not sure about the elements / groups  of the lens engraved "MC". Are
you ?

Must we open one lens for see the optical formula ?

Ángel Lobo.