Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 23:19:03 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Shumaker
Subject: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

>Anybody have any recomendations on a slide projector? This would be for
>personal viewing and friends. I feel totally clueless here.

I used to demonstrate slide projectors as a photographic salesman many years
ago and the one that really stood out both for reliability of the slide
changer and top optical quality was the Leitz Pradovit and I eventually
bought a used Pradovit Color fitted with a 50mm Colorplan (for half frame
use but it covers full frame 35mm too), and which I still have. Before I
bought it I mostly used Agfacolor CT18 film but this projector really showed
up the grain pattern and I just had to change to Kodachrome 25.

I've sometimes wondered about buying a 90mm Colorplan for it but I don't
know whether I'd have to buy a new set of condensers as well. Does anybody
know?

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx