Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:12:03 +0000
At 13:54 6/19/99 , you wrote:
>Anybody have any recomendations on a slide projector? This would be for
>personal viewing and friends. I feel totally clueless here.
>
>thanks
>Wayne
>Holliston, MA

Seen a number of the other replies.  All are decent projectors.

Another option is a used Ektagraphic.  I have an older Ektagraphic E-2.
The current models are the 3's.  These are Kodak's commercial and
institutional projectors; features vary by model but they are essentially a
ruggedized Carousel projector.  They also use the same slide carousels and
lenses as the Kodak's consumer projectors.

The Kindermann and Leica projectors, which are very good, take Euro style
straight trays.  There is nothing wrong with the trays . . . they work very
well and take less storage space (also have a Rollei P11) . . . but they
are not as easy to find in the U.S. as Kodak's carousel trays.  Many users
must mail order them unless they are fortunate enough to live near a major
camera store.  If you have friends and relatives with slides and will use
the projector for showing theirs along with yours, I've found most have
their slides in carousels.  This aspect of projector selection may . . . or
may not . . . be important to you.

-- John