Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - slide projector recomendation
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 12:56:17 -0400
Barry,

I have an old Kodak 5200 projector.  A quick peek at Kodak's web site shows
it is no longer produced.  The closest model is the 5600.  See:
http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/webCatalog.pl?section=&cc=US&lc=en&product=KODA
K+CAROUSEL+5600+Projector for more details.  Its nothing special and I'm
sure there are far superior makes/models available.  What I especially like
about it is a small (4x5 or so) built-in rear projection screen, called
"Slide Scan" in Kodak parlance.  To use it, remove the lens, slide open the
viewing screen drawer, and preview a stack of slides very quickly.  The
optional stack loader makes this more convienent, but it's easy enough to
hand feed slides individually.  The lens is standard Kodak issue.  Not
terrific, but adequate.  If I ever get serious about slides, this is the one
thing I'd improve.  It is an auto-focus projector, uses either 80 or 140
carousel trays and has a cable attach control with advance, backup or focus
buttons.  My requirements are not very rigorous and I've been quite
satisfied with it all these years.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Barry B. Bean <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wondered: