Re: [OM] F280 vs 3rd party Fill Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 vs 3rd party Fill Flash
From: Terry Mair <tmair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:22:50 -0600

*- DORIS FANG -* wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Barry B. Bean wrote:
>
> > That much I'm reasonably clear on- my question is what difference
> > this makes for fill flash. For instance, if I'm shooting guys wearing
> > hats at noon and don't want them to have identical shadow-faces, but
> > don't want to expose the additional stop and wash out their
> > surroundings, which will serve as the better fill flash?

I have a question why would you want to shoot men with or with out hats at NOON?
if it possible move into open shade and still use fill or balance flash.

>   At the risk of sounding atavistic, I'll go one further and say that
> using flash on manual (WARNING: Non-OM content !) beats any other
> means of using a flash besides a test shot on a flashmeter,

I hardly ever use my flashes on Manual, but I do meter them to find out just
what the
output is at a given distance range! I have never used dedicated flash so I cant
speak for them, but I do know that thyristors are not 100% at all rainges, and
do
change there output at different distances.

>   Probably buying an OM-2000 and a HD handlemount flash is the best
> solution to the OM-fill-flash "problem".  Any increase in synch speed
> means a big difference in your fill-flash range & flexibility.

Wouldn't any camera on manual be the same as using an OM-2000??
Terry