[OM] Various replies...

Subject: [OM] Various replies...
From: Siri Bjoner <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:19:32 +0200
Hi all!

I sent two msgs last night, and got the following error msg in return:
> 554 Too many hops 26 (25 max): from <sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx> via
>baremetal.pinc.com, to <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Seems as if there's a major pileup today... no msgs this morning and only
25 msgs this evening... ???

Therefore, here is a compilation of what was sent and other replies:

At 22:49 +0200 on 10.06.99, Giles wrote on "How to protect my Zuikos?":
> You must construct a full sized replica of a Viking long boat out of oak.
>The lens
> or lenses must be placed in it then the boat should be set alight and
>pushed out
> from the shore of a Nowegian Fjord while a sound system of impeccable
>fidelity plays
> some suitably emotive music.  Wagners ride of the Valkerie or similar
>will do.
Preferable a Fjord (I hope you meant NoRwegian...) that ends near Oslo...

> I am sure Ken can help you out in the sound department.
Why not I? Wagner fanatic #1 here - I starved for 8 weeks to be able to see
The Ring der Nibelungen twice (full Ring) and even Götterdämmerung another
3 times (and I don't even like G.)

At 16:58 +0200 on 09.06.99, Craig H wrote on " Extension tubes?" (lately
very OT):
> John -- The Archeologists and Anthropologists of the future will have one
> big advantage -- we are a "civilization" that uses writing, and that writing
> includes instruction manuals.  Can you imagine what a "minty" OM-4t manual
> will bring on E-Bay in the year 10000?  Invest now!
> > At 15:36 6/8/99 , Charlie wrote:
> > >And can you imagine some time in the future
> > >when we tell a newbie to go to the archives for
> > >info on extension tubes and they get all this????????????

Keep in mind - the Bible is based on what was written a long time ago -
what if the only written word that survives us is "News of the World", "The
Sun", etc? I'm glad I won't be around then....

At 22:56 +0200 on 08.06.99, John A. Lind wrote on "Missing beep on OM-4?":
> Check the self-timer switch position.  It has *three* positions.  As you
> are holding the camera (as if to shoot a photograph) with the back towards
> you and the lens facing away from you . . . or looking down from on top
> with the back towards you . . .

So *that's* the self-timer... [showing off her complete ignorance on the
subject]
Yup, 'twas turned off, I've checked and the beep is still there. Although
still silent. ;-)

siri (who's had a great 24 hrs, first saw The Phantom Menace then this
afternoon, found one film that had been missing for 4 yrs and another that
had been gone merely 2...)

po box 9024 gronland, n-0133 oslo mailto:sbjoner@xxxxxxxxx fone: +47 9010
4635 fax: +47 9030 6420
"argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours" ... r. bach