Re: [OM] How to protect my Zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to protect my Zuikos?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:54:09 EDT

> On a related matter... can the fungus spread from lens to lens? If so,
>  should I destroy the 50mm so that it cannot infect any of the other Zuikos
>  on the planet? If I do destroy it is there some sort of ritual that must
be
>  followed?  :-)
>
>  --

I think it's just like the flu. The lungs produce phlegm, causes the body to
cought, and flu spread to the next person, and the fungus on a Zuiko makes
the owner want to turn the focusing ring, which also pushes air out like the
lungs, and the fungus is spread between lens.  Supposedly a good dose of
ultraviolet will stop it in its tracks, but it is very difficult to kill
spores. Your remaining lens should be vaccinated with a strong application of
silica beads and kept that way. Maybe it should be quarantined like the
plague or rabies??

Warren