Re: [OM] Extension tubes?

Subject: Re: [OM] Extension tubes?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:08:26 EDT

> I've noted (certain others have also) that the Oly tubes are 7mm, 14mm, and
>  25mm while the Vivitar are 12mm, 20mm and 36mm.  I also know the tubes can
>  be stacked in various combinations for additional lengths.

The 7, 14, and 25 extension tubles will provide continuous focus using all
combinations from 0.1X to 1.0X with Zuiko 50/1.8, 1.4 and 1.2 lens..  The
Vivitar tubes will cause some gaps in the magnification range (I think). With
the 25mm extenstion tube the 50/3.5 will go to 1:1 even though the 80/4 is
recommended at this magnification.

I don't think you'll miss the gaps between the various extension tubes at all
as the gaps should be quite small.

Warren