Re: [OM] How to protect my Zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to protect my Zuikos?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:24:45 -0400
<<This is a good question, and I'd be interested to hear what others do. I
too have had nightmares about the dreaded fungus spreading amongst my OM
collection.>>

I live in Florida, the fungus state.
Lately I have had two lenses infected.
I always kept them in a camera bag in the house.
It is damp even with the ac on all day and night.
Now I keep them in a ziploc bag with some silica packs
that I picked up off the floor of a wharehouse shoe store.
Probably useless.
You can get nice big packs at a marine supply store.

BTW, I had my 85mm f2 CLAed at Peachtree photo for $55.
It looks good now but the cleaning marks are more visible.
This is an old silver nose.  Now my 100mm needs to go in.

Charlie L.