Re: [OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"

Subject: Re: [OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"
From: mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:26:51 -0700
>You mention what the other systems are "for:"  since this one has your
>OM-4T, is it your most "serious" system?  Or just your "OM-4T system":  the
>lenses you want to have with that body?

The OM4t is the everything travel difficult lighting with the best and best
combination of glass I can afford. It handles low light better than the
rest, and with the 2 series screen is ok for my failing eyesight.

>>Curious as to why optionally you like to carry the 50/1.4 with this rig.

The 50f1.4 is my least used lens, handy in the worst of lighting
conditions. I carry it when I do wild flower photography because I mostly
camp overnight and nee a night/astro/meteor lens.

>>System #3 :  Weight 7.5 pounds, an all purpose zoom outfit: Olympus OM-G
>>(nice bright viewfinder), Tamron 28-135 f/4-4.5, Tamron 60-300 f3.8-5.6,
>>Tamron SP 2X tele-converter, room for 12 rolls of film.
>>

>When is this system preferable over system #1?  Do you choose it when you
>want to use the lenses for some reason and the bright viewfinder of the
>OM-G is a good match (as you mention below)?

I carry it mostly in the car, with only two lenses it is handy for car
travel and has the "reach" when steadied with a bean bag for wildlife.  My
family is not always tolerant of long photo stops so shooting from the car
is a necessary evil.

Mike

Mike Stoesz, VP
Rainbow Photography Inc.