Re: [OM] Novoflex stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Novoflex stuff
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 00:36:19 EDT
In a message dated 5/14/99 3:18:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Gary's post prompted me. I recently bought a nice Novoflex bellows and
slide
 copier. But it is for Lieca screw thread, with manual diaphram. These
 connections are easily removed. Does anyone know of where I can get an OM
 mount to go onto the body and an auto OM adapter to accept the lenses? I saw
 the same bellows in a John Shaw book with an evil Nikon auto attachment. >>

Terry,
         I Would suggest you start by looking at the Novoflex website. This
site is only in German but you can use one of the web translators to get the
gist, if you don't understand German. There are a myriad different adapters
and the bellows and mounting system has changed somewhat over the years
although Novoflex will often factory upgrade units for you,this is
prohibitive if you bought an old unit cheaply. I have not used an
auto-novoflex bellows for OM and don't know if they make one. Interestingly
they reverse engineered the EOS electronic interface so that they make a
unique EOS auto-bellows!
        I use a home adapted old Novoflex with a Leica screw adapter on the
front with my enlarger lenses for copy work and really like it.
Email them and ask them what adapters are available if you know which series
bellows you have. They have replied to questions from me although it took a
wweek or two.
         Calumet is the US distributer but seems less than interested in
supplying information.
Tim Hughes
HI100@xxxxxxx