[OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"

Subject: [OM] "IDEAL OM OUTFITS"
From: mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Stoesz)
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:00:44 -0700
Good Morning fellow OM (and other Olympus)users;

I think I have my OM systems in order for the type of photography I am
currently doing (or not doing due to shortage of time).

I have package up in separate camera bags, packs, 3 systems that I can grab
from the shelf and go anywhere and shoot almost anything.

System #1 :  Weight 6 pounds (2.? Kilo) fits into a  Tundra Ruff Pack waist
pack measuring 20 x 40 x 12 cm. and includes OM4t (old and battered but
incredibly reliable), my favorite 24f2.8 Zuiko, 35-70 f/2.8 Tokina ATX,
65-200 f/4 Zuiko (thanks to Gary Schloss), and about dozen rolls of Fuji
Sensia 100.

System #2 :  Weight 6 pounds, my wild flower outfit, fits into a Tamrac
waist pack measuring 15 x 30 x 15 cm. includes:  OM1n, 50 f1.4 Zuiko
(optional), 50 f/3.5 Zuiko macro, 90 f/2.5 Tamron Macro, Winder 2, plain
matte screen and 12 rolls of Fuji sensia 100 or Velvia.

System #3 :  Weight 7.5 pounds, an all purpose zoom outfit: Olympus OM-G
(nice bright viewfinder), Tamron 28-135 f/4-4.5, Tamron 60-300 f3.8-5.6,
Tamron SP 2X tele-converter, room for 12 rolls of film.

With the addition of a T-32 or F-280 flash which is sometimes needed and
the optional insertion of the 24 into the other outfits, I feel I have 3
very flexible packages.

Replacement options are lenses I either cannot afford or have not been able
to find used, or even seen. 28-48 Zuiko, 180 f2.8 or 180 f/2 or 250 f/2 for
dance photography, 35-80 f2.8 Zuiko to replace the Tokina.

I quite often also carry an Olympus 35SPn with 42mm f1.7 lens for quiet
available light work loaded with Ilfords incredible Delta 3200 or if space
is at a premium, Olympus 35 RC or DC, or Pen D-3 or EED.

Most of my current photography revolves around landscape documentation;
repeat photography; the vanishing American Rural Scene; portraits of
artists, muscians, dancers; theater and dance production, studio, and
rehearsal photography (usually B&W, sometimes difficult lighting);
wildflowers; and jewelry, gems, rocks specimens, fossils and
photomicrography.

I would appreciate comments from the members, and hope that the systems I
have assembled might be usuable examples for those who are pondering what
to assemble next or even where to start.  The OM4t metering system is 2nd
to none in its capablilities; the OM1n is great for macro and
photomicrography, and astronomical photography;  the OM-G is light, quick,
handy, bright (great for slower lenses).

Best Wishes to all, have a great photography summer/winter and
you are all invited to come to WYOMING for the spectacular
spring wildflower show in the mountains and plains from now
through August (depending on elevation)

Mike

Mike Stoesz, VP
Rainbow Photography Inc.