Re: [OM] Lens fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens fungus
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:20:43 -0400
<<If you have a case of this kind you should keep it unlocked in order to
let
air pass. Lock it only when going out, that is when you actually use it.

Marco>>

That would mean keeping the lens in the dark.
Didn't someone just say the dark was a bad thing?
My 85 f2 got funged while sitting in a camera bag
in a closet for a while.
Fortunately It looks as though it can be saved for $55.
Peachtree camera repair was at the Tampa camera show
and besides agreeing to the lens cleaning they fixed
my OM2 on the spot which was out of synch and locked up.
They also tested all shutter speeds (all good)
and changed the back seals for $20 total.
(all other seals were OK)
I am a happy camper now that the OM2 is in good order
and my favorite lens is getting a new life.
Nice people too!

Charlie L.