Re: [OM] Lens fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens fungus
From: "Arnab Kumar Banerjee" <arnabkb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 05:12:07 PDT

>John Gettis <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>Are you sure that it is fungus?  My wife has a soligar 400 that had
a problem
>with oil off the aperture blades that go on a element of the lens.
Also had a
>similar problem with a Tokina zoom lens for her pentax.  The repair
shop was
>able to clean both lenses.
>John Gettis
>
>John, I am not very sure, but i guess it is fungus (what are the
telltale signs of oil off aperture blades?) I could see some kind of
hairlike projections inside the lens. To cut a long story short, i
did take it to a repair shop, but it has come back worse after the
repair. The lens now seems clean, but the pictures are more fuzzy
than before. Now the center part is clear with some kind of
diffussion effect all over the edges.
The only good thing in this sorry saga is that I picked up a Zuiko 75-
150 to replace my Soligor, and it's better than the Soligor :-)
Arnab.