Re: [OM] SC vs MC: The Green Reflection Test

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC: The Green Reflection Test
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:53:32 -0500
At 12:40 PM 4/17/99 +0000, you wrote:
>One thought - (I'm new to this list, so apologies if this has been
>discussed already) - is it necessarily the case that if a lens is
>labelled MC it is definately multi-coated? What if some old single
>coated lenses were erroneously labelled MC when the multi-coating
>process was first introduced?
>
>Neil.

Neil,

It is probably more likely [A => B ;-)] that an MC labeled front on an SC
lens is the result of a homebrew cannibalization of lenses.  This would be
especially likely among the more common lenses like the 50's.  I would
guess older, damaged lenses in for repair might pick up an MC labeled front
piece too.

Joel