Re: [OM] SC vs MC: The Green Reflection Test

Subject: Re: [OM] SC vs MC: The Green Reflection Test
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:15:52 +0000
Aside from the color reflection and "MC" marking (on some lenses), I have
been told if the "ZUIKO" name on the lens ring is preceded with a single
letter and a period, then it is a SC lens.  Example, my 19 year old 50mm
f/1.8 has the following on its lens ring:

F.ZUIKO

I was also told the letter refers to the number of elements and that this
marking method was used on older lenses.  How old I was not told, and that
the absence of the letter and period is not a guarantee of MC either.

Perhaps someone with definitive knowledge can confirm or deny this and
provide the years during which this marking was used.  If it is true, it
provides yet another method to distinguish between MC and SC lenses.

-- John