Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 socket info

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 socket info
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:59:46 -0800
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In private email, "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes, quotes:

>  Where did you get the information that you state below ?  If you look
>at my posting on this subject, you will see that it differs from what
>you have given.  I got my information of an Olympus AC Adapter 2 and as
>such would not consider it conjecture.  I believe your information is,
>at best somewhat misleading, at worst it is wrong.  Please clarify.

OOPS! You are absolutely right. I was looking at the female plug on the
cord, NOT the male socket on the flash or Bounce Grip! Change "left to
right" to "right to left" below, and it should be correct.

>Jan Steinman wrote:
>>
>> >I have searched the FAQs and the Olympus System Chart for any info on the
>> >three-pin socket at the side of the Bounce Grip 2...
>> >1. If it is a power socket, is it for 110V or 220V - no voltage switch
>>to be
>> >seen?
>>
>> It is for 200VDC, possibly also 6VDC.
>>
>snip
>> >4. What are the pin connections - (there are three), is one an earth or
>> >ground?
>> >5. Are the pin connections the same as for the T32 (T20?) flash?
>>
>> I believe they are the same, with the possible exception of the center pin.
>> It would be trivial to confirm with an ohmmeter.
>>
>> With the center pin up, from left to right, they are 1) common, 2) 6VDC,
>> 3)200VDC.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229