[OM] Bounce Grip 2 socket info

Subject: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 socket info
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:56:37 -0800
>I have searched the FAQs and the Olympus System Chart for any info on the
>three-pin socket at the side of the Bounce Grip 2...
>1. If it is a power socket, is it for 110V or 220V - no voltage switch to be
>seen?

It is for 200VDC, possibly also 6VDC.

>2. Does it just power the unit or can it recharge batteries too?

I believe it only powers the unit.

>3. Is a cable available from Olympus - whats its designation?

You can buy a 200VDC wall-wart, and cut the wart off! (Outch!) I have made
connectors with molex pins and hot glue, but they're ugly.

>4. What are the pin connections - (there are three), is one an earth or
>ground?
>5. Are the pin connections the same as for the T32 (T20?) flash?

I believe they are the same, with the possible exception of the center pin.
It would be trivial to confirm with an ohmmeter.

With the center pin up, from left to right, they are 1) common, 2) 6VDC,
3)200VDC.

With 200VDC input, charging time is GREATLY reduced. Its pretty easy to
make a 200VDC power supply to plug in the wall with ~$25 of Radio Shack
parts. I've also been looking at turning a cheap 12VDC to 110VAC power
inverter into a 200VDC power supply.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229