[OM] 3rd party lens options for OM

Subject: [OM] 3rd party lens options for OM
From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 20:20:42 -0500
>>- -why do so many photographers fear to mix different brands in their
equipment ? In my opinion, it's a possibility to enlarge the opportunity to
find interesting used equipment. Imagine what cheap and very good offerings
are around for M42 (for example the Russian fisheye Zenitar 16mm 1:2,8,
with a fisheye, you will unlikely use other "equipment" than a body, like
for example flashes and so on)......
Matthias <<
===========
I fully agree with Matthias, although adapting M42 lenses to Olympus is
tricky and usually requires an adapter with an optical system (unlike Canon
FD which provided its own cheap aluminum M42 adapter in the 70s and 80s).
I don't really recommend it.

I use the Tamron 2.8/90mm 1:1 with good results.
If you miss a 105 mm Macro try the compact Novoflex autobellows with their
4/105mm lens head.  Only drawback: 52mm filter thread. But super sharp
photos from 1:2 to infinity.  And easily handheld in the field even with a
T20 flash on a brackets which can be attached to the bellows' tripod
sockets or a Novoflex flash mount positioning the T20 right over the lens
via a tiltable shoe.

I may also hunt for something like a 20-40  Tamron Adaptall for my OM
system if I can't find a decently prized 21/3.5 Zuiko soon.
Jan