RE: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??

Subject: RE: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:47:28 +1100
Denton wrote:

> I found it cheaper to make my own, and if you do it on fabric, they'll
> last
> years...
>
> Get a roll of artists' canvas...
>
> Prepare it to receive paint; I forgot what it is, something like gecko???
>
> Get a can of regular white latex house paint, and a can on the color you
> want; blue, red, etc.
>
> Get two big sponges; those irregular natural ones are better.
>
> Work the paint in by use of the sponges, alternating colors, etc.
>
> Allow it to dry and staple it to a long dowel; then roll it up!

        Might be worth stapling and hanging it before the sponging, then you
can set up your favourite OM and lens and see what it's going to look like
(and adjust if necessary) while sponging.

        If you're into mirror lenses: Sponge on multi coloured donut shapes,
then everything you shoot with that background will have the bokeh of a
mirror lens regardless of the lens you use !

        ...Wayne