Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??

Subject: Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:10:34 -0500
Denton Taylor wrote:

> I found it cheaper to make my own, and if you do it on fabric, they'll last
> years...

If you know anyone in your area who does tye-dye T-shirts or clothing,
they'll probably be happy to dye a backdrop for you, as a local artist
has done for me twice.

You need explain that you're looking for subtlety---standard tye-dye
fare can be alarming!---but the results can be great.  In my case the
artist did a test run on an old sheet, and came up with a very nice
slate blue piece and another peach colored one I have yet to use.  For
the slate sheet she dyed it twice; first loosely in a grey wash, then
the next day in blue, all tied up.  Note that these were sheets and not
canvas. . . .she doesn't have a big enough tank to hold one, but thinks
that the process would work just as well.

Morgan Sparks