Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??

Subject: Re: [OM] Backdrops, Anyone??
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:31:09 -0500
At 07:11 PM 1/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>OK...got the revered 100 f2.0, got the OM's 1,2,&4 (OM content), got lights
>and stands, got Photoshop 4.0 to flatter everyone, now all i need is...
>
>a backdrop!!
>
>I am totally ignorant of these things...only know they are high in
Shutterbug.
>I want a mottled blue. Is canvas better than muslim?? Any comments?? Should i
>look for a used one?? Just want to take an occasional portrait of familyand
>friends....not to tie up a bundle into it.
>Any help will definitely have life-changing results!!  :=)
>Susan
>and PS..do I need a diffuser??

I found it cheaper to make my own, and if you do it on fabric, they'll last
years...

Get a roll of artists' canvas...

Prepare it to receive paint; I forgot what it is, something like gecko???

Get a can of regular white latex house paint, and a can on the color you
want; blue, red, etc.

Get two big sponges; those irregular natural ones are better.

Work the paint in by use of the sponges, alternating colors, etc.

Allow it to dry and staple it to a long dowel; then roll it up!

I have one b&w photo on my website that shows the results...

http://www.dentontaylor.com/rtballet.htm

Happy sponging!

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and 360deg Immersive Images at
        www.threehundredsixty.com