Re: [OM] coolers as camera cases

Subject: Re: [OM] coolers as camera cases
From: Andre Goforth <goforth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 22:17:09 -0800

>Andras Iklody-Szabo wrote:>
>
>I also had thought this was a good idea until one day, after a trip on a
>small ferry boat, where the luggage had to be piled up in the separate
>luggage area, I grabbed somebody's sandwiches & coke and that somebody
>walked off with all my camera gear in an identical cooler. It was certainly
>cheap while it lasted!
>
>Not recommended on trips, where you might abandon your gear to the
>supervision (or not) of third parties.
>

>Andras Iklody-Szabo
>Caracas/Venezuela

Boy, I wish I was that lucky person to pick up a cooler of Olympus gear!
Can you imagine the surprise, the astonishment?   How many Zuikos can you
eat, prime or not prime? How about an OM1 for appetiter, OM2N for
salad/soup and OM4T for entree. On the side would be all the f2 primes!
Makes me think of Gary Schloss and the art of turning fine wines.

On a more serious note, well I still will do it. I sometimes use a cloth
grocery sack or funky backpack, both padded of course. And I don't forget.
I act neurotic about keeping them with me like Linus's blanket in Charlie
Brown. Then there is the famous french photographer who carried his camera
in a brown paper bag.

Andre