[OM] coolers as camera cases

Subject: [OM] coolers as camera cases
From: Andras Iklody-Szabo <isza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:12:06 -0400
>Well, this isn't profession looking but there was an article in Popular
>Photo a few months back by a fellow who uses coolers to carry camera gear.
>Yes, coolers. The hardest part for him was getting on an airplane and the
>flight attendents hasseling him on account they thought he was carrying a
>six pack or two of beer. He's never had any cameras stolen and the gear
>stays cool. Doesn't worry about thieves that much except maybe in Jelly
>Stone Park where Yogi Bear lives....
>
>Andre
>San Carlos, CA

I also had thought this was a good idea until one day, after a trip on a
small ferry boat, where the luggage had to be piled up in the separate
luggage area, I grabbed somebody's sandwiches & coke and that somebody
walked off with all my camera gear in an identical cooler. It was certainly
cheap while it lasted!

Not recommended on trips, where you might abandon your gear to the
supervision (or not) of third parties.

Andras Iklody-Szabo
Caracas/Venezuela