Re: [OM] An OM Christmas Morning

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM Christmas Morning
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 12:27:45 EST
Hi Steve:

Congrats on the 1.4X   As for me, I got a nice down payment to apply towards a
300mm f/4.5   But the best part of all was giving out all the images taken
with Zuikos and OM's.

I produced three custom calendars with nostalgic family shots, some from my
first days in photography.  I was especially fond of being able to dredge up
shots I took of my daughter "shooting" with her first play camera, then later
with her first disposable camera (first real pictures).  I played them against
shots of me photographing at various times over the last 25 years.  Hopefully
they will be inspirational to a 15 year old gal with aspirations to be a
photographer.

So, for all the home-bound parents with newborns and tots: keep your craft
honed  by shooting the heck out of the kids.  They will get a kick out of it
later in life.  I know that one of the favorite activities in my home when I
and my sisters were growing up was viewing slides taken by my (at that point
deceased) dad documentating our childhood.  They were "a hoot," besides the
advantage of keeping his memory alive in us.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV