Re: [OM] Re: T20 flash and red-eye

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: T20 flash and red-eye
From: John Gaasland <kayak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:32:05 +0000
Wiese wrote:

> I've lost the original post, but someone was enquiring about how to get rid
> of red-eye using the T20.  I've just bought a T20, and was planning to use
> it this weekend, but......
>
> How bad is the red-eye with the T20? - in what conditions?  I haven't had a
> chance to test it on people in low light, and it'll be dim where I'll be on
> Friday, so I guess it'll have to be the Viv 283 after all - big and heavy
> (and more powerful than I need this time round) but the head is high enough
> not to give red-eye except at the high end of it's range when on camera.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
> wiese@xxxxxxxxxx
> ICQ# 12366792

Hi Andy, I'm the originator of the question, but no one has had an
answer. With my 285 on  a bracket, I have never gotten red eye, but I
haven't used a zoom at 105mm either. The head and shoulder shot I did
with the T20 had maximum red eye. The light was subdued, just a couple
of 60w bulbs in the area, and it was another head and shoulder shot with
a zoom. I think that's why OM made the extender accessoriy that raises
the T20 and T32 up higher. I also have a red eye correction pen that is
available at photo stores. Later, John.