Re: [OM] Re: T20 flash and red-eye

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: T20 flash and red-eye
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 11:15:21 +0100
gma wrote:

> John et al;
> Best thing would be a bounce grip - the expensive Oly one, or just a
> cheap flash handle type grip.  You'd need a TTL connector with that, but
> red eye would be banished.

Hmm, still depends on the lens (or better lens-to-object distance) you use. I
just had some pretty disappointing results with a QA310 on Bounce-Grip 1, using
the 75~150/4. I don't remember the exact distances, but it must have been
between 5 and 10 metres. Very astonishing effect, if the eyes are slightly out
of focus too (which easily happens when trying to focus on fast moving dancers
in dim lightning)!
Can you imagine a red 'bokeh'?

Cheers,
Soenke, Hamburg