Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodachrome and OTF and other musings.
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:33:32 -0600
>Have you also an OM-2n with two OTF sensors. If so, have they less problems
>with this phenomen? I ask because of my thesis in the subject "Which OM"
>recently. When I used Kodachrome with my OM-2n years ago, I cannot remember
>this problem, but I remember a green to cyan flavour in shadows.

I seem to recall having the same problem with the OM-2(md) that I had too,
but will need to go back into my deep files of sunset shots.

>What do you think about the Tokina. I recently bought one for 160 DM (95 US
>Dollar) and I think, you can use the aperture of 1:2,8 succesfully, but not
>at close distances. Do you know the number of elements/groups of this lens
>and the original new price?

As far as number of elements and price, I can't help you there.  I've had
mine for a while and bought it at wholesale price.  As far as using it wide
open?  I use it at 2.8 at all extremes with no problems.  My only problems
with the lens is that it is only 35-70 (instead of 28-80) and the bokah
isn't as pleasing as with zuiko primes.  Also, any stars caused by the iris
are a bit unusual as compared to most lenses.  I can identify every single
shot taken with this lens when there is a bright point source of light in
the frame.

Regardless, I've been going through my images putting together a
multi-thousand submission to a stock agency and have been surprised that
the majority of images I'm submitting were taken with this lens!  My
earlier work was dominated by the 100/2.8 but now it's either the 24/2.8 or
35-70 zoom with random images from the shift lens and 100/2.8.  Of course,
for wedding, party and people work (events) the AT-X 35-70/2.8 is my money
lens.  $95 USD is a fair price for this lens and an extreme value.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography

image66@xxxxxxx