Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4Ti and OM-1 accessories opinions wanted...
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:25:01 +0200
Sean Chan wrote:

> Flash
> =====
> I've been given the option to purchase a T32 flash at a reasonable price
> but should I get the F280 instead??

Pro F280: Full sync flash, biger distance to the lens avoiding "red
eyes"

Contra F280: Low GN for full sync, no Manual Auto for non TTL flash
cameras (OM-1), works not together with other flashes, uses the
batteries less effectivly then the T32 (voltage), no tillt swing head,
more expensive

Pro T32: Tillable head, higher GN, with bounce grip fast recycling and
moveable head, built in TTL socket, multi TTL capable, Manual Auto flash
capable

Contra T32: close to the lens (red eyes, shadow), only a tilting head,
together with bounce grip much more expensive than an Metz ct45, only 3
apertures for Manual Auto some better Metz flashes work with every
aperture your lens has

> F280 owners, is the full synchro
> really useful??

It works well for fill in flash, the low GN is only a theoretical
drawback, because fill in flash needs only a little bit additional
flashlight. For low sync work, it will compensate the missing 2nd
curtain sync.

>How well does it work and how often do you use the full
> synchro??

I don´t use fill in flash very often, don´t like the artifical look.

Richard