Re: [OM] new Zuikos desired

Subject: Re: [OM] new Zuikos desired
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:25:02 +0200
Joseph Albert wrote:

> I was amazed that Olympus did the 35-80/2.8 zoom as they more or less
> surrendered the zoom market to the aftermarket companies.
> Also, I have a hard time thinking about a 35-80/2.8 Zuiko for $1200
> when the Vivitar Series 1 35-85/2.8 Varifocal is $175 in clean used
> condition.

Do you realy think the Vivitar is equaly in optical quality to the
Zuiko? The Vivitar is a very old design with extreme specs (2.8), so I
doubt it can stand against an very good new design like the Zuiko.
Of course this is an speculation, because I hadn´t the chance to test
this lenses, but maybe somebody did and can tell us more?.

Richard