Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:28:09 +0800
Hi,

You can try our service, we can output slide from your computer file,
you cannot even distinguish it from normal shoot. Want free sample?
just send me your post address, for details please visit our site.

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~accura

----------
> From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.
> Date: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 10:33 AM
>
> Bob Mills <k8wx@xxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> > I need to shoot some slides for a church project off of some
Power Point
> > screens I have created. Having no slide experience if anyone can
give me
> > some tips I would appreciate it. I used a white background and
added
> > color accents to certain text blocks.
>
> I shot my monitor screen (and scenes including a monitor screen) at
> 1/8s with ordinary average metering (OM-1) and it came out fine.
>
> Provided you use a shutter speed longer than the scan time, shoot a
> monitor screen just the way you would shoot any other still-life.
>
> > Which film speed?
>
> I was using 400 neg film (because that's what I had in the camera
at
> the time).  I just checked the -ves (Fuji Superia and Kodak T400CN)
> and the exposure looks good, text is quite readable.
>
> I reckon any 100ISO or slower slide film would do well.
>
> Here's a nutty idea: What about inverting the colours on the
monitor,
> shooting B&W neg and projecting the negs?  Prolly cheaper than
> slides...
>
> (Anybody tried that?)
>
> How about biasing the colours on the monitor so that you could get
> a colour neg that looks like a chrome?  Now *that* would be a hack!
>
> cjb
>
> --
>  chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, when he visits the Real World, is
Christopher J. Biggs
>  Stallion Technologies, Australia.   Ph. +61-7-3270-4266 Fax.
+61-7-3270-4245