Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:35:18 +0800
----------
> From: Greg Heier <gheier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: 'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
> Subject: RE: [OM] Shooting slides off computer screen.
> Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 2:50 AM
>
> You will get much better results if you save the slides as images
and
> have a place make slides out of them with a film recorder (like
what
> C.H. Ling does).
>
> There's also a place that specifically makes slides for Power Point
> presentations, though I cant remember the name. If I remember right
they
> include a bunch of ads in power point packages.
>
> Greg

We also do PowerPoint output, but if time is critical you can select
your local vendor.

I have tried some shoots on monitor before I bought the slider
recorder, here is my experience:

1. Use a large flat screen monitor if possible.
2. Adjust for lower contrast.
3. Set your display to 1024x768 (or hightest possible) true color (24
bit).
4. Adjust the color temperature of your monitor to 5500K or adjust
your photo to a warmer color as normal monitor have a higher color
temperature.

I used my 100mm/f2 shot at f8 with 800x600 true color (I only got two
MB of video RAM). If you are going to take portrait from monitor,
true color is very important to obtain a smooth tonal gradation. For
PowerPoint use higher resolution and 64K color may be good enough, if
you don't have enough video RAM.

C.H.Ling
Accura Digital Imaging
http://www.glink.net.hk/~accura