Re: [OM] All f2s (was top ten)

Subject: Re: [OM] All f2s (was top ten)
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 00:36:52 EDT
Hi John:

> There are perhaps several reasons to choose the slower versions of the
>  typical Zuiko.

I'm fresh home from a exhausting shoot in the mountains.  So weight of
equipment carried is really on my mind.  I wish there was a scale in the house
since I must have exceeded 35 lbs. of photo gear, plus water.

I'll add another advantage to the slower lenses.  At least among shorter focal
length lenses, the slower the lens the better the resolution at small
aperatures, like f/11 and f/16.  That is a critical decision for me.

Thanks for pointing out we don't add much weight by moving to larger lenses.
But, if we get out of the 49 mm thread filters by taking a faster lens, then
we have to carry an extra set.  Now that adds weight.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV