Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 00:52:42 EDT
<<The problem I have is getting people to see behind the photograph.   I
sometimes show people a photograph that I find very moving, and they simply
say, Oh thats a nice tree or Why is the "object" not in the centre,  did the
camera move.......>>

Sometimes, if you can gather together 4-8 photos with the same theme, they
"get it".
With the use of one image, even though powerful, it may be difficult to convey
an idea.  If the tree is off to the side, the casual viewer may not know that
the space next to the tree is important.  They probably never heard of the
rule of thirds.

Go through your photos, pick the ones that fit the idea or theme that you want
to convey, and put on a mini-show for your friends.

Warren Kato