Re: [OM] re: FAQ

Subject: Re: [OM] re: FAQ
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:49:14 -0800
R. Lee Hawkins wrote:

>>Chris is right: this would be my number one suggestion as well,
>>closely followed by WordPerfect and FrameMaker
>
>Have you ever looked at the prices for these for Unix?  You seriously
>think I could convince my university to get WP or FrameMaker [...]

Yes, and maybe/maybe not. You can safely assume that I knew what I was
talking about.  I believe I have been on this list long enough, and
have posted enough material here to earn the right to be taken
seriously without having to attach my resume to every post.

[snip]
>>I avoid at all costs the business of convincing the inconvincible.
>
>I'm not inconvincible.  It's just that no one has yet convinced me [...]

Lee, sometimes you really make it too easy. Sure, the above is a cheap
"edit", but no human could possibly resist it. :-)

I would really like to put an end to this topic before too much piss
and vinegar melts down the zuiko.sls.bc.ca server. Here is a brief
account of what happened:

After Lee's latest FAQ update, I read it through and made some
IMHO rather innocuous comments and suggestions.  I even offered to
provide as necessary some constructive input. God knows, I didn't do
it for my own benefit, as I'm an infrequent visitor to the FAQ site.

Regrettably, I must have stepped on some rather sensitive toes, and my
comments were interpreted as criticism.  For this I apologise: I really
meant no harm.  Anyway, I decided to butt out -- I never beg anyone to
accept my free help.

And so I was sitting firmly on my hands, briefly letting them back on
the keyboard only when Chris "Mr. UNIX" Biggs wrapped some LaTeX around
this discussion.  Frankly, it's none of my business how RLH chooses to
generate and maintain the OLY FAQ.  From now on, I shall remain mum on
this sublect.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA