[OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter
From: jocke1s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 05:34:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

I am just getting more and more uncertain about
how the metering is done.
Could someone please explain how it works in the
different modes auto/manual before/during exposure
please?

This is what I think is happening so correct me and
add bits that are missing.

Auto-during exposure

-Mirror is out of the way
-Light hits the film and reflects
-The SBC photo cell reads the reflected light

Auto-spot before exposure

-Mirror is in the way
-The mirror (half mirror) lets some light thru
-The light reflects on the fresnel lens sub mirror
-The SBC spot metering area reads the amount of light

Ok thats what I can read in one of the folders anyway.
So if someone could please fill in
*Auto average before exposure
*Manual
*Manual spot

What is interesting is if somehow different amount of
light can fall on the photo cell in the different
modes.
Or if some calculations are done so that the same amount
of light gives different outputs in the finder.

I would really like if the readings show exactly the
same in auto/manual regardless of film used or any other
settings.
And that OTF was used to correct for light changes that
appear DURING the exposure.
Or is this just some stupid idea I have ?

Best Regards
Joakim Svensson