Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter
From: Kennedy <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 22:24:45 +0100
In article , C.H.Ling <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>Hi John,
>
>I want to go a bit further here:
>
>In auto mode.
>
>- - the mirror up and SBC check for shutter curtain reflection.
>- - if reading above 1/60s, computer fixed the shutter speed here.
>
>- - if reading below 1/60s, no value are set.
>- - when shutter is FULLY OPEN, another value from film reflection are
>checked.
>- - film reflected light are accumulated and calculated by the computer,
>when exposure is enough, computer send signal to close the second
>curtain. (of course the computer should close the shutter a bit early to
>take the curtain travelling speed into account.)
>
>I think the computer will not perform any measurement during blending of
>film and shutter curtain. The above is what I think only, it may be
>wrong. But this seems a more logical design.

No, the meter does blend the reading from blind to film - that's how it
manages to respond to strobe lights, other photographers flashes etc.
When the OTF system was introduced by Olympus on the OM-2 that was
actually used on a few of their adverts for it.

You can use this feature to change the fill in balance from 1:1 which is
what you normally get with the T32 etc.  Delay the trigger to the flash
by a suitable amount (using an external circuit comprising a monostable,
a variable resistor for control and a transistor to switch the flash
terminal) and you can increase the ratio of daylight relative to the
flash.

Someone suggested this on the list a few months ago, I have made a
circuit myself, but I think last time it was discussed someone provided
a link to a web page showing a commercial unit already available.
--
Kennedy
Python Philosophers         (replace 'nospam' with 'kennedym' when replying)