Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM4-Ti meter
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:13:53 -0400
The cell which gathers light for otf has an output whereas cds cells change
resistance based on light.  The OM-4 cell gathers light from the first
curtain/film
unitl the circuit reaches a quench point for 18%.  This is when the  magnet is
released (it had been  preventing the 2nd curtain from moving) and the second
curtain enters the film plane.
Very bright light quenches the cell quickly so you have high shutter speed up to
1/2000.
Low light takes longer to quench, so you have a long shutter speed.

I don't think the circuit  waits if it is low light or the ss is below 1/60,
the ss
is computed in real time as it is happening, whether it be 1/63 of a second or
1/40th.

John