Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 05:40:45 EDT

<< I remember seeing, several years ago, an article with many photos of
 flowers about Allen Rokach. What amazed me then was that some of the macro
 lens credits were either incorrect or for lenses not yet on the market. In
 particular I remember 2 photos that were described as being taken by an
 Olympus 200mm macro lens that, I suppose, never made it to market.

 Did you note whether any of the lenses used were ones that have been
 unavailable to the market?

Hello Winsor,

I have several of these books by Rokach and I would attribute anything that
looks like unusual lens credits to simple mistakes on his or his co-author's
(Anne Millman) part.  The books are littered with technical errors (such as
shooting the 50-250 at f4) and even geographical ( the worst mentioning
Yosemite National Park in Wyoming!) errors.   Further, several photos are not
even properly focussed.

My evaluation of Rokach (supplanted by some friends who have taken his
workshops) is that he is an excellent photographer but not the most
disciplined in terms of technique or editing.

Just my $.02.

Thanks,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY