Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Books with Pictures Shooting with OM
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:10:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 fdayrit@xxxxxxx wrote:

> are you talking about the 180/2.8  here? now where did that so-so
> designation come from?

  From the astrophotographers on this list, who spoke in great detail
about this lens. But from what I'm seeing, in earth-bound photography
it does quite well. I use a Zuiko 200/4 and a Series I 70-210, so I have
missed out on the pleasures of this lens.

> i have one and it is a great lens for those low
> light situations and even for portraiture. my impression of the 180/2.8
> was that it was an advanced design for it's time and still remains at
> par with contmporary designs altho now there are a lot of APO designs
> out there. just my two cents worth> francis

   I would have to agree with you after seeing this book. I noticed Mr.
Rokach didn't use bellows a single time in the book, but lots of extension
rings of varying sizes.
                                    *= Doris Fang =*