Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] Exclusively Oly
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 08:02:21 -0400
There are too many situations to even think that any one system could do
the job.

I currently have 4t and some Oly gear, mostly macro, shift, and fisheye.

I have Nikon 8008s for those few situations where I require AF. Also is
great for situations where you need fill flash, etc.

My main favorite 35mm system is Contax.

Also occasionally use Hexar and Leica M4-P.

I don't like the quality acheivable for b&w in 35mm, so I use Mamiya 7 for
all B&W.

Also have Mamiya RB67 which I use for b&w portraits and color chromes of
products where image quality is of the essence.

>>So, maybe this could be a start of another OM-pride
thread: why did you choose Olympus>>

There's a good question... After realizing that I preferred a manual focus
camera to the Nikon 8008s, I took a good look at Olympus. I had always
admired the engineering behind the system. What I found was a complete
system, lenses that were top-notch (and sometimes available only from Oly,
like the 21/2 and 90/2), and most importantly, METERING. I hate using a
camera without a spot meter, and not only did the 3/4 have spot metering,
it had more ways to use it than almost any other camera.