Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 20:02:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 31 May 1998, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> I've been following this P&S thread with a little interest, since I keep
> thinking that I ought to pick up an XA, but then I think "Why?" since I
> have an Oly Stylus zoom which I rarely use -- it's just not the camera my
> hands go for.

  I'm not selling XAs. In fact, I hope they lie unwanted, so the price
goes down, and I can buy a few more (how many IS too many?). But the lens
is vastly superior to your Stylus Zoom and faster. If you know how to do
manual fill, you can bracket fill-flash easily, and with the A-16, with
quite a range. If you're happy with the Stylus Zoom, hey, why bother...
Fill-flash definitely adds apparent sharpness to hand-held images, and
can do so even with minimal fill.
                                   *= Doris Fang =*