Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Stylus Epic vs. XA vs. Y*sh*c* T-4 Super
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 14:19:51
At 01:28 PM 5/31/1998 -0400, Doris wrote:
snipping

>   The setting marked "full" is manual mode. In the FAQ you will find how
>to make an exposure dial for very precise fill flash. The A-16 flash is
>the ticket, though, IMHO. Far greater reach and coverage. Fill-flash is
>one of the things I love the most about the XA.

snipping some more

Doris et al.:

I've been following this P&S thread with a little interest, since I keep
thinking that I ought to pick up an XA, but then I think "Why?" since I
have an Oly Stylus zoom which I rarely use -- it's just not the camera my
hands go for.

But when I think of the Stylus zoom, the thing I admire the most is its
flawless fill-in flash capability.  I almost never shoot that camera in any
other mode, indoors or out. It's very good, allows me to use 100 ASA film
without getting the green light of death, and produces sharp pics.  I don't
seem to be able to trip the shutter of the Stylus in non-flash modes
without some camera shake.  I can't easily mimic its fill-flash results
with any other camera I own.  Anybody have a good quick and dirty scheme
for fill-in with an OM?

Joel