Re: [OM] Prices in Las Vegas

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices in Las Vegas
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:30:33 EDT
Hi Warren:

> At a Buena Park swap meet I was talking with a store rep from Las Vegas and
>  inquired about the availability of used OM goods at pawn shops there.  He
> said the gamblers have mostly point & shoots that they want to pawn.
>  Do you think he just wanted me to stay out of his town?

There are few camera stores here and they don't travel.  I suspect you were
talking with a small dealer who likely DID want to discourage you.  His
comment is nonsense, although P&S's outnumber SLR's *on the shelf* 12 to 1.
But what is on the shelf are the scraps.  By all means check out the pickings,
buy keep in mind that locals know the scene and if you are luck to happen upon
something when casually dropping in on a trip its just getting a jackpot on
video poker - all chance!

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV