Re: [OM] Prices in Las Vegas

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices in Las Vegas
From: "Doug Nowlin" <wa5ohb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 14:31:58 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: WKato <WKato@xxxxxxx>

>At a Buena Park swap meet I was talking with a store rep from Las Vegas and
>inquired about the availability of used OM goods at pawn shops there.  He
said
>the gamblers have mostly point & shoots that they want to pawn.  Do you
think
>he just wanted me to stay out of his town?
>
>Warren Kato

I am another pawnshop chaser. The amount of SLR equipment has dropped to a
mere fraction of what was available a couple of years ago. I suppose the
"good" economy is keeping people from bothering to pawn here. Gary's other
suggestions are true, but even the hardened dealers are finding little here.
I used to average better than one item per shop visited. Now it is more like
one for every 5 to 10 shops visited. I did find a 50mm f/1.4 MC for $25
yesterday. It was on eBay in less an hour!

Doug Nowlin